Already A Multiple Billboard Latin Music Award Winner and Equaling Shakira As This Year’s Top-Nominee, The Trailblazing Reggaeton Superstar Is Recognized For His Record-Setting “Mi Gente” With Willy William & Beyoncé, And The Continued Success Of His Landmark Album Energía.
J Balvin Receives Nominations For:
Artist of the Year
Social Artist of the Year
Hot Latin Song of the Year “Mi Gente”
Hot Latin Song of the Year, Vocal Event "Mi Gente"
Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Male
Airplay Song of the Year "Mi Gente"
Digital Song of the Year "Mi Gente"
Streaming Song of the Year "Mi Gente"
Top Latin Album of the Year "Energía"
Top Latin Albums Artist of the Year, Male
Latin Rhythm Song of the Year "Mi Gente"
Latin Rhythm Artist of the Year, Solo
- J BALVIN’s “Mi Gente” was the FIRST-EVER All-Spanish language song to reach #1 on the Global streaming charts of Spotify & Shazam, a historic first for Latin music.
- Although it debuted at the mid-year mark, “Mi Gente” was still YouTube’s #3 overall music video worldwide of 2017, collecting over 1.5 BILLION views in just six months.
- As J BALVIN’s EIGHTH #1 Billboard single, “Mi Gente” held #1 on “Hot Latin Songs” for Three Consecutive Months. The track also reached #1 at iTunes in over 50 countries.
- Follow-up single “Machika” (from J Balvin’s highly-anticipated 2018 new album) recently arrived as the most-watched YouTube music video on the day of its release, and a world-wide twitter trend. It nabbed “Hot Shot Debut” honors, and propelled J Balvin to appear on FOUR of the Top-10 Hot Latin Songs last week.
- J BALVIN is currently Latin Music’s most in-demand collaborator, having now worked with: Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber, Pharrell Williams, Skrillex, Major Lazer, Ariana Grande, Camila Cabello, Pitbull, Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny & MANY More.
- This Friday, J Balvin Will Co-Headline The “LA X LOVE LIVE” Concert At New York’s Radio City Music Hall.
With bold sonic, visual and creative choices on new single "Machika," J Balvin is proving the reggaeton scene is expanding in exciting and unexpected ways… “[shows] the places where reggaeton and Latin-pop music are going and how J Balvin is undoubtedly leading this movement.” - FUSE
Continuing J Balvin’s Goal To Bring Reggaeton To An Ever-Increasing
As A Leading Ambassador For The Surging Arts & Cultural Community of Colombia,
J Balvin Filmed The Large Scale Machika Video In His Native Medellin and Ituango.